I have been tagged by Kalurah to list ten weird, random things about myself. Since I love wasting time, I figure this is a perfect activity for me!
1. I have really weird thumbs. They are short, wide and have a windshield shaped nail. The rest of my fingers and toes are normal, so it's a guess how I ended up with these freaky thumbs. I have only met one other person who has the same thumbs, and she is also wonderful, so I am going to assume that these thumbs are a sign of unbelievable greatness.
2. My favorite sound in the world is metal measuring spoons clinking together. (Go buy some and try it; you won't think I'm so crazy)
3. I am one of those annoying people who is genuinely happy. Not that I am constantly beaming sunshine, but I am a "glass half full" person to the core. I think this comes from my Mom, who has never said a bad word about anyone or anything in her whole life.
4. I love to cook but do not like to bake. This is grounds for insanity in many circles, since baking is typically a bit easier than cooking. I will take on beef wellington before taking on peanut butter cookies any day.
5. I am ashamed of the fact that I sometimes sit on my ass and let my kid watch TV. Since I am around her such limited time during the week, I should be playing with her every chance I get.
6. I keep my fingernails extremely short. I am very bothered by my own nails once they get any grow out, especially if they get dirty. I also keep a nail brush handy and scrub my nails every day. Yuck. Dirty nails are icky.
7. I have ginourmous feet. Think along the lines of size 12, and wide. I have never really had any cute shoes, and I can't wear high heels. I chalk this up to the fact that I am very tall, and I would fall over if I had small feet, right? Right?
8. I have struggled with anxiety since having a child. I used to never think or care about dying, but now it can really be consuming to me. The thought of dying young and leaving my baby girl without a Mama is almost more than I can bear. Does anyone else ever feel this way?
9. I had an imaginary friend when I was little. Her name was Mackeytrolley. The hell? I am not sure how I will react if Margot takes on an imaginary friend. I know they are normal, but they still kind of freak me out.
10. I like the color pink more than any other rational human should. I would drive a pink car and live in a pink house if I could. When we win the lotto and Ben builds his lair, I am going to build a separate pink house just for me, complete with pink nail brushes, pink metal measuring spoons, a pink bed and a pink stove.
Alright - crazy has been aired! Now, to tag a few others I think should share their crazies:
Let's start with Deb, Gen, Carrie, Trisha, and Jason. Go forth and make me look sane!