Monday, April 21, 2008

A Story about Pee

Alright, all you Mommy pros out there. I have a thoughtful question about little ones who are recently potty trained (specifically girls). Let's say you are out and about, and said little girl needs to potty. When you take them in, do you have to choke back the gagging as you see their lightning fast hands touch the floor, the toilet seat, the inside of the toilet seat, the maxi pad garbage, the floor, MY GOD THE TOILET AGAIN and what ever else is festering with ick inside public bathrooms?? Am I the only one?

Give and take, right? No more changing diapers - this is a good thing. No more diaper rash - a good thing. Watching your child wipe the scum of 80,973 people's toilet habits on their clothing, your face, etc. while trying to go potty - BAD THING.

That is parenting in a nutshell, people. Give and take.

6 comments:

INSANITY ENJOYED said...

Yeah you just have to not think about all the germs or you'll go crazy. Actually germs was the last thing I blogged about too (which was pathetically quite a bit ago.) I love to read how you guys are going and Way to Go Margot on the potty training!

INSANITY ENJOYED said...

Umm meant to say doing (not going lol.)

The Clarks said...

One word . . .YUCK!

Lauren said...

I know, it is so GROSS! But what do you do?? Ugh.

carrie said...

Hahaha... we go through this too, every time we use a public bathroom! I always try to keep myself from freaking out by remembering that we'll be washing her hands in a few minutes AND it's not going to kill her... but oh, it's just soooooo gross!!

Melissa said...

This is exactly what used to drive me insane when my daughter was younger. I never traveled anywhere without hand sanitizer and a warning not to touch her mouth until her hands are washed!