I have been inspired by several blogs that I love reading, and so I decided to do a version of the "100 things about me" that I have seen all over the Internet. I don't have the time (or the imagination) to spell out 100 things, but I thought I could shoot for ten-ish things that perfect strangers might enjoy reading about Margot's Mom:
1. I am currently obsessed with the band Nicklecreek.
2. I recently re-connected with a few college buddies, and have had SO much fun getting to know them all over again. I highly recommend you do this. Start right after reading this post and leaving a comment.
3. I still love my parents and need them in my life.
4. I love "things" and value them. Not my best trait. It is a work in progress. I am better than I was two years ago.
5. I have had the same pair of sunglasses for 8 years now. They were a graduation present from my brother and I will cry when they die.
6. I don't like talking on the phone. (Which is weird, because I almost always have something to say about everything)
7. I love to cook, and I am pretty good at it. I do not like to bake.
8. I do not drink wine or coffee. I think they both taste like crap. This makes me feel like a imbecile when we go to nice restaurants.
9. I am a control freak, a mild germaphobe and a type A know-it-all. Thankfully, these personality traits normally don't coincide with each other. So instead of coming off as a flaming bitch, I am usually seen as "organized" and "clean". This is particularly helpful at work.
10. I HATE flying insects. Bees, wasps, grasshoppers.....even harmless little moths.
11. I was a terrible parent to my infant. I was afraid to be alone with her and did not know how to interact with her very well. Now I realize that this was actually an easy time to be a parent, and I would like to go back to sitting quietly in the bedroom with her snugly body, nursing her to sleep and feeling her breathe on my skin.
12. I smell like burnt garbage right now, because I spent all morning incinerating drugs. (Not as much fun as it sounds like)
13. I hope others will do the same on their blog so I can learn something new about my friends and family.
Ok, so 13 is a respectable number. I might pick this back up every few months or so and bore you all to death. I kind of like making lists. (See #9)