Sunday, November 11, 2007

Lil' Miss noNap

Margot refused to take a nap today. She sat in her bed for over an hour, holding stuffed animal court and laughing to herself. It seems many weekends now when we are both around all day, she has been refusing to take a nap. I don't know if she thinks she is "missing out" or what, but it seems very difficult for her to fall asleep with the prospect of Mommy and Daddy downstairs.

Thankfully, she still naps regularly during the week and gives Ben his much needed sanity break. She has always been an amazing sleeper, but those days when she misses a nap we both feel it. For a two year old, she can be pretty exhausting.

When I creep upstairs to get her, I open the door and she is sitting on her knees, just like Ben does. She is holding her kitty Meow Meow stuffed animal and telling him she loves him. She pats his head, says "I wuv wu honey" and gives him a kiss. Then she lays him down, says "nigh nigh" before realizing I am there. She looks at me, holds up the cat and says "Kee no nap!"

I guess nobody in this house gets a nap today.

No comments: