Sunday, November 04, 2007

Daylight Savings - So far

As do many other parents with small children, we were seriously dreading the daylight savings crap this year. The idea of "falling back" and getting an extra hour of sleep may sound like a dream, but when you have a small kiddo it means you get to wake up at 0'dark thirty and try and figure out what the hell you are going to do at 5am. Not fun.

This year, through some very last minute planning, we ended up with all the cousins over the night before time change. Since Margot ran around like a crazy person for four hours straight, she was able to sleep from 8pm to 7:30 the next morning!!! Yes!

I think we should visit the Grandparents every year for time change. Or at the very least sign Margot up for a marathon the day before.

4 comments:

kalurah said...

HA! I knew it was a good thing we came over!
Your welcome! ;)
our boys slept in too. until 7:30.
(oh well.)

INSANITY ENJOYED said...

We woke up at about 7:30, wait I mean 6:30, it was 7:30 old time. I hate freaking time changes..alls it means is I get less sleep. Although it worked tonight because I forgot to change some of my clocks and totally put the kids down early tonight LOL (probably wont be laughing in the morning though.)

INSANITY ENJOYED said...

Remember what I said about not laughing in the morning? Five o'clock this morning! Five! Im sooo not happy now.

Lauren said...

Oh Gen... I am right there with you! This morning, not so much with the sleeping in.

I was up at 6, listening to a small child kick the wall at my head and say "HI MOMMY!"

Yee Haw